Shipping Assistant Job At UNICEF
Job Refrence Number: 497972
Work type: Fixed Term Staff
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Maintain contact with Customs, Immigration Officials and Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Follow-up on supply clearance documentations to facilitate timely customs clearance of supplies and equipment in keeping with established protocol.
- Prepares all Customs Declaration, note verbal, letters of concession and any other letters relevant to customs release of UNICEF’s shipment; obtain MOFA/Custom’s approval in timely manner to avoid accrual of demurrage.
- Respond to queries from Supply Division/Programme Sections/Field Offices on all Off-shore related issues. Maintains records relating to all Offshore PGMs and shipping documentation in such a manner which would enhance retrieval of information pertaining thereto; Prepares monitoring reports on activities relating to Note Verbal and agent invoices.
- Constantly advise Section Chief on latest developments in the fields of duty exemption and clearance of UNICEF and Procurement Services Supplies, tariff fluctuations at National Aviation Handling Company (NAHCO) and Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN). Physically attend to clearance of high value perishable items like vaccines and ensure quick delivery and safe storage.
- Scrutinizes invoices from the freight forwarders and certifies against established tariff rates. Requests CRQs from the relevant programme section with appropriate budget. Drafts and make copies of all payment requests for distribution to Finance and maintains relevant files.
- Liaisons with Field Offices and Oshodi warehouse, Lagos for recommended transport required for distribution of supplies to the projects and draft memo for the designated freight forwarder.
Normally office based but the job demands frequent visits to MOFA/Customs/Airport to submit documents and obtain timely concessions/exemptions from Ministry of Foreign Affairs/Customs Officials.
Completion of Secondary School. University degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Supply & Logistics Management or related field is desirable.
Fluency in English language is required. Knowledge of a second UN working language will be an asset.
Five (5) years experience progressively in shipping, clearing and forwarding. Experience and strong updated knowledge in government shipping and clearing regulations is required.
interested Candidates Who meet the requirements should Click Link To Apply
Please not that Application closes on the 01 August 2016 West African Time