Job Vacancy For International Communication for Development Consultant,P3, Multiple duty stations-NIGERIA
Job no: 496315
Work type: Consultancy
Categories: Communication for Development (C4D)
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
- Coordinate with State team on planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of supplemental immunization activities, especially the advocacy and social communication component; and support targeted social mobilization activities while providing direct oversight for Third Party State Social Mobilization contractors recruited and deployed by UNICEF and the STOP team members deployed at state level. The incumbent will ensure intensified actions at State, LGA and community levels with a special emphasis on overcoming refusal of vaccination by building public trust in the safety and need for OPV and other antigens and improving their acceptance. Identify constraints, challenges and opportunities for program delivery with State Team and State Social Mobilization Working Group.
- Adapt and use appropriate communication models at community level in all high risk LGAs in State. Monitor all UNICEF funded activities related to advocacy, social mobilization, logistics of polio eradication and supplemental immunization. Establish and maintain coordination with the work of other partners in the assigned State.
- Provide technical guidance in the design, preparation and use of targeted communication materials in appropriate languages for Government frontline health workers/media networks, traditional and religious opinion leaders, village development/community groups and households.
- Mobilize support for PEI through advocacy, training and awareness building programmes targeting a variety of groups to include State Governments, media, public relations networks, and traditional, religious and other s and community networks. Facilitate State & LGA Social Mobilization Working Group and Committees and ensure holding of the committee meetings before each IPD by using social data for planning
- Participate in the preparation of all programme reports required by the State. Share information regularly with the Chief & other members of the Communication for Development section and Field Office.
- Undertake other tasks related to communication that might be required by the Chief, Communication for Development Section.
A detailed work plan at the beginning and monthly work plans thereafter (1st week of each month)
- Monthly report of activities, outcomes, mission reports and Notes for the Record (NFR) on meetings etc. (monthly)
- One report after each IPD by using a supplied template on intervention and other social
- One end of contract, PowerPoint presentation to be used in debriefing Chief of Field Office, Communication for Development Team and other relevant staff members.
- One end of contract Report
Qualifications Required From Prospective Candidate
Masters Degree in Social Sciences/Public Health/Communication/Statistics or related technical field preferably in Communications and social mobilization. Working experience in Polio and data management or research will be an added advantage.
Years of relevant experience
At least five (5) years progressively responsible professional work experience at national and particularly international levels in programme planning, management, monitoring and evaluation in Immunization Programmes. Fluency in English, knowledge of another UN working language is desirable. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station an asset. Experience polio eradication will be an added advantage.
Click link to apply if you meet requirements click to Apply For The Position
NOTE: Applications closes West Central Africa Standard Time and the Application is Open to Non Nigerians Only