Job Ref: 499417
Work type: Fixed Term Staff
As head of field office, direct, lead and manage a group of professional and support staff to develop, manage and administer the sectoral or inter-sectoral programme. Promotes intersectoral partnerships in order to ensure timely implementation of programmes in particular Health, Nutrition, Water and Environmental Sanitation, and similarly.
Under the overall guidance of the Chief Field Operations, accountable for the management and implementation of programme in the field office area of responsibility.
Contributes to synergize the work of United Nations agencies in UNICEF programme MDGs focused Goals, as well as in humanitarian actions, working closely with the other partners within the inter-agency standing committee (IASC).
Summary of Key End-Results/Accountabilities
Developing and planning the Field Office Program Plan
1. Leading and managing the Field Office
2. Monitoring and quality control of the Program Implementation
3. Representation and external relations at Field office level
4. Building alliance, resource mobilization and UN System coordination
5. Leading innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
6. Safety and security of staff, programs and organizational assets
Advanced university degree in any of the following: Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Relations, Business Administration, Public Health, Education, or other fields related to the work of UNICEF.
*First university degree with additional two-years of relevant work experience is acceptable in lieu of an advanced university degree.
OTHER REQUIREMENT AND SKILLS
- Fluency in English and a second UN language.
- Local working language of the duty station an asset.
- Good communication skills
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts [ III ]
- Analyzing [ III]
- Relating and Networking [ III ]
- Deciding and Initiating Action [ III ]
- Persuading and Influencing [ II ]
- crowd management skills
- Leading and Supervising [ III ]
Application for this job is open until the 17th of October 2016 at 11:59 PM
You can share and like this post, and follow us on Facebook for more job advert @ www.facebook.com/bonnytellspot