MTN Nigeria- the leading Telecommunication mobile network provider in Nigeria and other parts of Africa and UAE, with the soul aim of providing the best mobile services to its subscribers, is currently looking for competent and qualified candidates to fill in the vacant position:
Job Tittle: Manager, Compliance
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
• Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing stakeholders within your immediate ecosystem for MTNN’s benefit. This includes participation in credible external think-tank sessions, involvement in inter-divisional focus Group sessions to improve business performance etc.
• Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, think-tank activities etc.
• Role model the vital behaviours needed to sustain organisational performance and drive people management activities by being the principal coach for your direct reports using the people management framework. Participate in employee engagement projects such as mentorship, facilitating programs, etc. In addition, support recruitment, on boarding and grievance management processes etc.
• Develop and maintain an enterprise wide Compliance Manual and update internal processes and procedures as required due to regulatory changes.
• Ensure 100% compliance of the Group-wide and OpCo driven Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Framework.
• Protect company asset by establishing /implementing compliance standards; anticipating emerging compliance trends; designing improvements to internal control structure enterprise-wide.
• Assist with preparing standard and ad-hoc information and data reports to Regulators and other stakeholders as required.
• Proactively identify, evaluate, mitigate and report on compliance, regulatory and reputational risks across MTN Nigeria.
• Support in the development of an Ethics Framework and deployment of the framework across the organization – Act as a Corporate Ethics enforcement agent and Ethical leader and contribute in no small measure in establishing a sustainable ethical culture.
• Monitor observance of compliance regulations and coordinate activities with the BRM team.
• Ensure the inclusion of the required level of risk analysis in relation to M&A transactions including requiring appropriate and timely risk analysis during the due diligence phase etc. Managing stakeholder and regulatory relationships to guarantee license to operate and business sustainability.
• A highly dynamic and evolving field of Telecommunications and competition policies.
• A constantly changing political and Regulatory environment
• An uncertain regulatory framework that still needs to mature
• Increasingly competitive marketplace
• Cultural and social realities that impact on GSM delivery
• Behavior of competitors in the regulatory framework
• Underdeveloped industry consultation policies and MTN Group deliverables
• Emerging business trends in outsourcing, M&A, Partnerships etc.
• NCC’s declaration of MTNN as dominant telecoms operator with attendant implications
• Changing and evolving technology and use of Big Data to deliver more effective customer support program.
• Working with limited budget to drive customer related imperatives.
• Zero tolerance for non-compliance
• Need to keep the ethical integrity of MTNN
• Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative, capital/budget efficiency activities within the Unit, contracts review and negotiation in collaboration with the Procurement team, structural changes within the Unit etc.
Minimum Educational Requirement: Candidates with any of the following qualifications is qualified for application
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- First degree LLB, BL is preferred, although applicants from other disciplines (Social Sciences and Finance) are also actively encouraged to apply.
• Fluent in English and language of country preferable
• Minimum 6 years’ experience which includes:
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialization with experience in supervising/managing others
• In depth experience and understanding of the Nigerian telecommunications industry and regulatory framework
• Effective stakeholder relationship management experience in a telecoms regulatory environment
• Strong and effective business communication (verbal and writing skills)
• Ability to plan and execute numerous complex projects under pressure
• Knowledge and experience of best practice compliance and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice, compliance monitoring and risk assessments in the context of the Nigerian and global telecommunications industry.
• Experience in Data Analysis, Research & Risk management would be an advantage
• Experience in policy governance & compliance
• Strong knowledge of internal controls is an added advantage
• Strong analytical skills
• On the job training
• Post Graduate courses in Telecommunications Regulations – relevant courses, seminars, conferences and workshops to include:
Telecommunications Management training
GSM conferences /Industry for a Management Development Program
Interested Candidates that meets the requirements as stated above should click the link to apply click to Apply